We have various ways for you to arrange a repeat of your medication.
Where possible please avoid dropping prescriptions off at the practice.
You will be unable to collect prescriptions from the practice so please ensure you record the best pharmacy to get your prescription to allowing 3 working days for this;
- Online ordering following the link above
- Your regular pharmacy can request your prescriptions directly from us if you ask them
- Dedicated phone line for requesting repeat prescriptions (0131 311 7166) and this is available Monday to Friday 10am-4pm
- If using a stamped addressed envelope, please allow five working days for the prescription to be returned
- As a last resort it is possible to deliver prescriptions requests in person through our main letterbox
Please remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account when ordering.
The GP partners at Blackhall Medical Centre reserve the right to suggest that any prescription that is recommended by a private practitioner may have to be issued as a private prescription. The usual scenario for this is either that the particular medicine is not on the approved NHS Lothian Formulary or a medicine is being prescribed for a condition that it is not licensed for according to the British National Formulary.
Each prescription requested from a private practitioner will need to be discussed with all the GPs on a case by case basis and this decision may take up to 5 working days.
If a prescription is required urgently it will need to be sought from the private practitioner who recommended it.